17 small industrial zones (SIZ) will be set up in Tashkent province by the end of 2017, the August 10 Presidential decree says. The decision was issued in an intent to fully utilize the rich natural, economic, mineral and raw materials, scientific, technical and labor potential of the province, creating new jobs and increasing the households incomes.
Small industrial zones in Tashkent province:
- Bekabad city SIZ (the territory of the production enterprise BekobodYulSanoat);
- Bekabad district SIZ (building of a garage of repair enterprise);
- Akhangaran district SIZ (buildings and facilities of the garage of a former farm);
- Almalik city SIZ (production area of the former DSC);
- Yukorichirchik district SIZ (building of the former maternity department of the obstetric complex);
- Yangiyul district SIZ (Yangiyul motorcade #2503);
- Angren urban SIZ (boiler building of the former JSC RezinoTechnics);
- Akkurgan district SIZ (empty building and facility of Akkurgan MTP);
- Urtachirchik District SIZ (buildings and facilities of LLC Tashkent Reinforced-Concrete Items Plant);
- Kuyichirchik district SIZ (building and facilities of LLC Dustobod mechanic plant);
- Chirchik city SIZ (incomplete facility of SUE SuvOqava);
- Chirchik city SIZ (part of the production site of ChirchikSelmash plant);
- Bukay district SIZ (empty building and facility of Buka MTP);
- Pskent district SIZ (empty buildings and facilities of Pskent MTP);
- Bostanlyk district SIZ (buildings and facilities of JSC Gazalkent Oyna, as well as Uzenergo);
- Kibray district SIZ (facility of a sanatorium-dispensary);
- Parkent district SIZ (empty building and facility of Parkent MTP);
- Chinaz district SIZ (unused buildings and facilities of SUE Kishlok Khuzhalik Mahsulot Taaminot Basasi).
The decree provides for that state owned assets located in the territories of the SIZ will be provided to business entities on a 10 year lease. Upon enacting business plans, creating and maintaining jobs and timely payment of all taxes, they will be assigned the ownership.
For the use of immovable state property in the territories of the plant, a zero rate of rent is established. The investors of the SIZs shall be entitled for tax incentives established for small industrial zones in Tashkent city.
To finance the projects, the Reconstruction and Development Fund of Uzbekistan will open a credit line worth of $ 50 million for imports of equipment and component parts.