In February, the head of state signed the Measures for the further development of domestic and pilgrim tourism in the Republic of Uzbekistan Decree which set additional non-business days for the year 2021.
According to the document, the following days are set as additional non-business days:
- Thursday 2 September;
- Friday 3 September.
Thus, on the occasion of the Independence Day public holiday, the Uzbeks will have five days off in a row:
- September 1 - Wednesday (public holiday);
- September 2 - Thursday (additional non-business day);
- September 3 - Friday (additional non-business day);
- September 4 - Saturday (non-business day);
- September 5 - Sunday (day off according to the calendar).