The State Statistics Committee provided data on products with the highest share in food imports. Information is provided on the price of certain types of food products imported into Uzbekistan in January-July 2022.
According to the State Statistics Committee, wheat is the leader in terms of the price of imported food products – US$ 422.4 million.
Uzbekistan also imported sugar cane worth $251.7 million and margarine products worth $173.3 million.
The said items are followed by:
- beef - $ 116.4 million;
- wheat flour - $ 72.7 million;
- cocoa and chocolate - $61.5 million;
- potatoes - $ 57.2 million;
- dairy products – $ 45.4 million;
- food for children – $41.8 million;
- bananas – $29.4 million;
- tea - $27 million;
- poultry meat - $ 25.4 million;
- corn - $ 22.6 million;
- coffee - $ 17 million;
- confectionery - $14.3 million.