An Institute of the Commissioner for protection of rights and interests of businesses is to be created within the Parliament.
Such a recommendation which is addressed to the Houses of Parliament is contained in the Decree "On additional measures to ensure the rapid development of entrepreneurial activity, protection of private property and qualitative improvement of business environment" of the Interim President Shavkat Mirziyoyev. The Decree was signed on 5 October.
The Commissioner will have the following powers:
- participation in the creation and implementation of the state’s policy in the field of business development, protection of the rights and interests of businesses;
- legal support to businesses during inspections of their activities;
- studying of practical implementation of legal acts on guarantees of freedom of entrepreneurship;
- evaluation of the impact of legal acts on doing business;
- monitoring the observance of the rights and interests of business by public regulatory and law enforcement bodies and local authorities.
"As the international experience shows, this Institute plays an important role in ensuring the legal protection of businesses, in representing their interests in relations with state bodies", - it says in the comment to the Decree.