The Cabinet of Ministers publishes draft Approval of the national program for the development of seed and seedling cultivation in Uzbekistan in 2022-2026 Resolution.
Based on the road map approved by the presidential decree, the national program for the development of seed and seedling cultivation was developed.
The following are defined as the priority areas for the implementation of the national program:
- improvement of the system of legal protection and promotion of authors and originators of varieties of agricultural crops;
- import of agricultural crops with a high yield, the quality indicators of which meet the requirements of world standards from abroad in the prescribed manner and create local varieties and hybrids;
- strengthening of personnel capacity of scientific institutions and seed farms operating in the field;
- strengthening cooperation with international organizations and attracting foreign experts in the field of personnel training, retraining and improvement of personnel qualifications;
- at the expense of increasing the number of in-vitro laboratories from 6 to 10, preparing an average of 26 million virus-free seedlings of local and foreign selection of fruit and grape varieties per year;
- providing the infrastructure with material and technical resources for the cultivation, processing, packaging and delivery of seeds to consumers and developing the service delivery system;
- determination of indicators intended to be achieved in the future in seed and nursery production and creation of favorable conditions for investment;
- creation of a production system taking into account the full satisfaction of domestic needs with seeds of agricultural crops and seedlings of fruit trees, increasing the volume of export of quality seeds and seedlings.