Due to expected heavy rains in the foothills and mountainous areas of Uzbekistan, mudflows are expected on Wednesday and Thursday, the press service of Uzhydromet said.
Mudflow are expected:
- in Toshkent province: Akhangaran, Bostanlyk, Parkent, Pskent, Urtachirchik, Yukorichirchik districts and the cities of Angren and Almalyk;
- in Qashqadaryo province: Yakkabog, Dekhqonobod, Chiroqchi, Kitob, Shakhrisabz, Qamashi and Guzor districts;
- in Samarqand province: Urgut, Samarqand, Bulungur, Nurobod, Koshrobod, Kattagurgon, Poyariq, Dzhomboy and Ishtikhon districts;
- in Surkhandaryo province: Sariosiyo, Uzun, Oltinsoy, Denov, Boysun, Sherobod, Shurcha, Qumqurgon and Muzrobod districts;
- in Navoi province: Khatirchi, Navbakhor, Nurota, Konimekh and Karmana districts;
- in Jizzakh province: Zaamin, Bakhmal, Gallyaaral, Sharof-Rashidov, Forish and Yangiobod districts;
- in Namangon province: Papsky, Kasansay, Chartak, Chust, Namangon and Yangikurgon districts;
- in Fargona province: Sokh, Shakhimardan, Fargona and Beshariq districts;
- in Andijon province: Andijon, Asaka, Jalaquduq, Kurgontepa, Pakhtaobod, Izboskan, Khodjaobod and Markhamat districts and the city of Khonobod.
Citizens living in the foothills and mountainous areas, vacationers and drivers traveling to mountainous areas are asked to take precautions.