President Mirziyoyevl signed Measures to implement the project "Construction and reconstruction of drinking water supply and sewerage systems in cities and districts of Tashkent province (3rd stage)" with the participation of the Asian Development Bank Decree.
The document was adopted in order to increase the level of provision of drinking water supply and sewerage services to the population and business entities of the cities of Angren, Bekabad, Almalyk, Akhangaran, Chirchik, Yangiyul and the district center of Chinaz district of Tashkent province, further improve the sanitary-epidemiological and environmental condition of these territories, as well as further expanding cooperation with the Asian Development Bank, Norma reports.
Between the Republic of Uzbekistan and ADB for the implementation of the project "Construction and reconstruction of drinking water supply and sewerage systems in cities and districts of the Tashkent province (stage 3)" a $161 million loan agreement was signed in the amount of with a repayment period of 25 years, including a grace period of 5 years.
The total cost of the project is $185.8 million, including:
- ADB loan - $161 million;
- Uzbekistan’s contribution to the implementation of the project in the form of covering the value added tax and providing customs benefits - $ 24.8 million;
- The project implementation period is 5 years (2022–2027).
JSC "Uzsuvtaminot" is determined by the executive body responsible for ensuring the timely implementation of the organizational and technical measures necessary for the timely and high-quality implementation of the project, as well as the targeted and efficient use of the ADB loan.
The governor office of Tashkent province, together with Uzsuvtaminot, are responsible for the quality implementation of the project, the achievement of established indicators and the repayment of the ADB loan.
In addition, the document approved:
- the main technical and economic parameters of the feasibility study of the project “Construction and reconstruction of drinking water supply and sewerage systems in cities and districts of the Tashkent province (stage 3)”;
- predictive schedule for the repayment of the Asian Development Bank loan, payment of interest and commission under the project;
- forecast of the distribution of shares in covering the costs of servicing the loan of the Asian Development Bank within the framework of the project”;
- "road map" for financial recovery of "Toshkent suv ta'minoti" LLC.