14 Uzbek athletes were disqualified after being tested positive for prohibited substances in their blood in a doping test in 2021, the National Anti-Doping Agency under the Cabinet of Ministers (UzNADA) reported.
The following athletes were disqualified due to banned substances:
- Akhroljon Farmonov - combat sambo (4 years);
- Tursunbaev Iskander, Maftuna Ergasheva - in powerlifting (for 4 years);
- Mukhlisa Abdullayeva - weightlifting (3 years);
- Bekjon Chevarov - Para - athletics (for 3 years);
- Diyorbek Urazboev (3 years old), Elbek Abdullaev - judo;
- Madina Usmondzhanova (date unknown) - women's wrestling;
- Fahriddin Khasanov - Thai boxing (4 years old);
- Farrukh Iskandarov - basketball (4 years);
- Daniil Yakovlev - water polo;
- Sultanbek Elmuratov - Greco-Roman wrestling (4 years);
- Davronbek Turgunov - cycling.
Doping tests of these athletes revealed such prohibited substances as meldonium, methasterone and its metabolites, as well as furosemide.
Maftuna Ismailova (weightlifting) was disqualified for 4 years due to the detection of prohibited substances in her blood - oxandrolone and stanozolol.
According to UzNADA, during the year, the agency plans to conduct about 660 doping tests at almost 68 sports competitions to be held in Uzbekistan.