The new President of the Uzbekistan Football Federation (UFF) Umidjon Ahmadjonov held a press conference at the hall of the National Olympic Committee to elaborate on his plans as part of the recently adopted Uzbek Football’s Development strategy for 2018-2022. He was joined by Shoakrom Israilov, new vice president and Rustam Kurbanov, the member of UFF executive Board.
“We have drafted the Uzbek Football’s Development Program for 2018-2022. It reflects the most important issues to be addressed for the next four years. Our working group has presented the draft program for your acquaintance.
In short, I can say that the UFF is on the verge of major reforms. The reform team has identified the key starting point and now having set the priorities we can move towards our goals.
We informed the public about the priority objectives within the strategy. But today, I want to emphasize on key issues again.
First, we have to appoint new head coach for the national team.
Second, we will launch our major offensive to eradicate matchfixing. A new team has been set up within UFF to this end.
Third, we have to fight against nepotism in our football.
Fourth, it is the transparency within the federation. In this way, we intend to regain fans' confidence and respect towards the federation. Because people's opinion about the federation is very important for us.
Fifth is to reform the ticket sales, with the first step being the sale of e-tickets.
- development of children's and youth football,
- reforming the system of training and retraining of coaches,
- raising the game quality of the first and second divisions,
- qualification for the World Cup in Qatar 2022,
- to turn UFF into one of the best Asian federations,
- achieving qualification to World Cups of all age categories,
- popularization of football in Uzbekistan, creation of necessary facilities for fans at stadiums -
have been included in the development program of the Uzbekistan Football Federation.