Public Procurement Bill has been drafted in Uzbekistan. The draft was published on the legal acts discussion portal.
According to the bill, public procurement is the purchase of goods, works and services on behalf of a public authority from budget funds, loans and foreign grants in the framework of international treaties of Uzbekistan and others.
The main goal of the public procurement policy is to facilitate public procurement, as well as combating corruption and other violations of legislation when carrying out public procurement for:
- fulfillment of state programs;
- fulfillment of social tasks of the state;
- provision of public services;
- achieving other strategic goals and tasks;
- ensuring the needs of budget organizations, recipients of budget funds in goods (works and services).
The priorities of socio-economic policies shall be taken into account when carrying out public procurement including support for local producers, creation of high-tech industries and the preservation of environment, the document says.
The draft also includes norms that regulate the rights and obligations of an applicant, supplier, intermediary. The document also defines the process of public procurement.