The President Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan signed a Joint Declaration on the establishment of a strategic partnership ties between Uzbekistan and Pakistan.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev said that this is an important step in the history of the Uzbek-Pakistani, for which the parties prepared thoroughly.
The two leaders also oversaw the exchange of 8 documents signed during the visit. Among them are intergovernmental treaties on transit and trade, as well as on the simplification of visa procedures for businesses and tourist groups.
- Protocol on cooperation in the field of military education between the defense ministries of the two countries;
- Cultural exchange program 2021–2026;
- Memorandum of understanding on tourism promotion;
- Protocol on exchange of preliminary information on goods and vehicles crossing the state boundary;
- Memorandum of understanding between the University of World Economy and Diplomacy and the Pakistan Academy of the Diplomatic Service, an agreement on the establishment of the Uzbek-Pakistani Business Council.
Shavkat Mirziyoyev noted that US$ 500 million worth of deals were signed at the intergovernmental commission meeting and the Uzbek-Pakistani business forum as part of the visit, and pointed that the countries have a large untapped potential in the trade and economic areas and the opportunity to bincreasering the volume of the two-way trade by 4-5 times.