President Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a decree on August 17 changing the structure of his administration of the president (AP), a source in the government told the Tashkent Times.
As previously reported, the positions of the head of the Presidential Administration and his deputies have been abolished.
Compared with the previous structure, which was available only on the presidency website, the number of advisers has increased from 9 to 11.
The following positions remain in the new structure:
- Presidential adviser-speechwriter (previously this position was held by Khayritdin Sultanov);
- Presidential adviser on Coordinating the Activities of Law Enforcement and Regulatory Agencies (vacant position);
- Presidential adviser on sustainable development of the Aral Sea region (Tursinkhan Khudaibergenov);
- Presidential adviser on social and political development (Ruslanbek Davletov);
- Presidential adviser/director of the National Agency for Social Protection (Mansurbek Polvonzoda).
Instead of the position of presidential adviser on the development of economic sectors, the implementation of investment and foreign trade policy course (Ravshan Gulyamov), the position of adviser on economic development is being introduced.
Presidential adviser on civil service, dialogue with the public and coordination of local authorities (Gofurjon Mirzaev) is changing name to Adviser on personnel policy.
Presidential adviser on interaction with public and religious organizations (Muzaffar Kamilov) changes his name to adviser on religion and interethnic relations.
The position of Presidential adviser on youth, science, education, health, culture and sports (Odil Abdurakhmanov) is abolished.
New positions of advisers are introduced:
- adviser for special instructions, who, after the abolition of the position of chief of the Presidential Administration, Sardor Umurzakov;
- energy security adviser. In March, Alisher Sultanov was appointed presidential adviser on oil and gas, chemical and energy issues, but this was not officially reported and was not reflected on the president's website;
- adviser on agricultural development.
In addition, the position of another assistant to the president is being introduced, which will be subordinate to the newly formed Department of Information Policy, the press secretary of the president, the Department of Social Development, the Department of Youth Policy and the Control Inspectorate.
Another assistant to the president (before the change in structure, he was Aziz Magrupov) will be responsible for virtual reception, the protocol of the president, and the chancellery the sector for regimen.
The structure also includes the Department of planning and information support, the department of external relations (it will also have a Special Representative of the President for the WTO and the International Institute of Central Asia), the Department of Digitalization, the Financial and Economic Department, which is headed by Zelimkhon Khaydarov (Scientific and Educational Memorial Complex named after of the late president Islam Karimov and the Main Medical Department), assistant to the president for certain issues, as well as other bodies.
The total maximum number of administrative personnel of the AP, according to the document, is 423 units.