Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed decree Friday approving the Construction Of A Modern Airport Complex Of Civil Aviation at Tashkent-Vostochny Airfield Project.
The document was adopted with a view to developing the airport infrastructure of the country in accordance with world standards.
The resolution notes that:
- Tashkent International Airport after Islam Karimov disposes limited potential for long-term development of civil aviation flights;
- the construction of a new Tashkent-4 international passenger terminal project within the city requires the demolition of residential and non-residential buildings, diversion of a section of the Karasu Canal, the resettlement of citizens, which will prompt many complaints, in connection with which a decision was made to temporarily suspend this project;
- in an intent to increase the efficiency of the infrastructure, as well as to fundamentally improve the quality of passenger services for arrivals, it is planned to increase the capacity of the Tashkent International Airport named after Islam Karimov by reconstructing the former building of local air lines, equipping it with the necessary equipment for servicing passengers;
- the infrastructure of the Tashkent-Vostochny airfield disposes the basic facilties for creation of a modern airport complex for servicing civil aviation flights.
The document formed a working group for implementation of the project, headed by the Prime Minister, which is entasked with:
- coordination of the activities of ministries and departments for timely and prompt resolution of all issues related to the implementation of the project, paying special attention to the quality of the development of a technical assignment, using advanced energy and resource-saving technologies, as well as design and construction-installation works;
- engaging, if necessary, on a competition basis, independent foreign experts and organizations to determine modern design solutions, in compliance with safety requirements, maintenance and technical supervision over the project implementation, including foreign contractors;
- working out and solving the issue of redeployment of military-transport aviation from Tashkent-Vostochny airfield.