The process of Uzbekistan's accession to the World Trade Organization will be expedited, announced the Deputy PM Jamshid Khodjaev during the Uzbek-Hungarian business forum.
According to him, the priority areas for reforms are:
- the rule of law;
- further reform of the judicial and legal system;
- effective fight against corruption;
- improvement of the banking and financial system in line with modern trends;
- privatization of large industrial and infrastructure enterprises with a government’s stake;
- expediting the process of Uzbekistan's accession into the World Trade Organization.
The introduction of public-private partnership mechanisms in the implementation of joint projects in the fields of energy, transport, healthcare and education will also be stepped up.