Friday, 14, June, 2024

CIFAL (France) said it was ready to help Uzbekistan to develop its nuclear energy sector, Uzbekistan 24 reported. The company said it was ready to provide its know-how and experience in training of personnel in the field of nuclear energy.

CIFAL said that it plans to assist the UzAtom agency in holding technical, commercial and financial negotiations with Rosatom state corporation for construction of a nuclear power plant in Uzbekistan.

The French company is also ready to assist in selection of equipment and materials for construction and launch of nuclear power plants, adding that it could be involved in the project financing in agreement with the Uzbek and Russian sides.

In July 2018, the Uzbek President said that Uzbekistan and the Rosatom corporation had agreed to build a nuclear power plant in Uzbekistan’s Navoi district.

The nuclear power plant will consist of two blocks of VVER-1200 generation III+ reactors. It’s is due to be commissioned by 2028.

Currently, the power demand in Uzbekistan is at 69 billion kWh. Almost 85% of this energy is generated by burning gas and coal, the remaining 15% - by hydroelectric power stations, with 16.5 BCM of natural gas, 86 MT fuel oil and 2.3 million tons of coal used for this.

Latest in Economy