Uzbekistan and US firms today signed US$ 2.5 billion 13 deals at the annual business forum in Tashkent, the chair of the American-Uzbek Chamber of Commerce Carolyn Lamm said.
According to her, in just one year, agreements worth US$ 9.35 billion were signed between the two countries. The forum is taking place as part of the U.S. Business Week in Uzbekistan.
- Air Products and Uzbekneftegaz signed the US$ 2 billion worth of agreement for gas processing projects, including production of industrial gases.
- Silver Leaf and BMP Trade agreed to create a textile cluster in the Jizzakh province on an area of 31,000 ha (12,000 ha in Dustlik district, 8,000 ha in Pakhtakor district, 7,000 ha in Mirzachul district and 4,000 ha in Arnasay district) worth of US$ 350 million.
- Coca-Cola and UzbekOziqOvqatHolding signed an agreement on assistance to sell the Uzbek state’s share in JV Coca-Cola Uzbekistan to a foreign investor for modernization and production expansion.
- John Deere and UzAgroSanoatHolding signed an agreement on creating of a joint venture for manufacture of agricultural machineries at Tashkent Plant of Agricultural Machineries (TPAM). John Deer and TPAM agreed on supply of 500 units of modern agricultural machinery and tractors.
- Imperial Jewerly and the Jewelry Industry Association of Uzbekistan signed an agreement on creation of a joint venture for the production of jewelry at Zargarlik plant in Tashkent.
- Caterpillar and the Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combine signed a protocol of intent on the supply of 10 mining dump trucks.
- CETS and the Ministry of Agriculture signed a protocol on cooperation on implementing modern technologies for production of high-quality potato seeds in Uzbekistan.
- United Investment Healthcare Group, after signing the agreement, received in trust management the network of Dori-Darmon pharmacies on the principles of public-private partnership.
- US Inc. and Farm Agency agreed to organize the production of diagnostic test systems for detection of various diseases in Tashkent.
- Crane Currency and Davlat Belgisi will cooperate in the production of banknotes - the U.S. company will supply micro-optical thread and chemicals.
- In addition, the US Macro Advisory and the State Committee on Investments have agreed to cooperate in attracting direct American investment.